Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's good to be a Husband and Dad...

I always feel so fortunate to work with the people I do, and to have the Family that I have. I have two beautiful sons and a wonderful wife/best friend/companion/guide/mentor. Travelling as much as I do, it can be easy sometimes to feel a bit untethered. That can be a very cool, free feeling, or it can be a lost, sort of lonely, empty feeling. The people I travel with feel as close as family, and I've known most of them for 10+ years, so it is always great to see them and share the world with them. But no matter where I roam, no matter what cool corner of the world I find myself in, There is always a large part of me that would rather be sitting on the couch with my wife and sons, or out throwing a baseball around, or goofing around with Juani to the point where she just looks at me and rolls her eyes (it get's to that point pretty quick!). At the risk of getting all "lines from the movies" about it, they really complete me. I really am blessed to have such a full life, and I guess this is just a thank you to the world, to the Gods, to the cosmos, for a life filled with such wonder and grace.

Whoa, cue the sappy music, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment